The season is rapidly approaching and excitement for the team is building!
On Wednesday we launched our online store where you can purchase your 2016 Membership. Memberships online will be $21 instead of the $20 cash in person because of service fees, but this does give you the convenience to purchase online on your own time. You can find the online store by clicking on the "Store" tab above or by clicking the link here.
- Our first two matches are on the road against Charleston, SC (3/26) and Bethlehem, PA (4/3).
- Our first home match is on Saturday, April 9 at 7:00 pm against the Charlotte Independence!
- We play Louisville twice at home and once away this season and the first time is our second home match of the year on April 16. This will be an exciting rivalry and we need everyone to come out in full force to defend one of the biggest matches of the year!
- Our other closest rival will be the Pittsburgh Riverhounds. We play them in Cincinnati on May 14th and then we play in Pittsburgh twice in September (Wednesday the 14th and Saturday the 24th).
- The only team from the Western Conference that we play is St. Louis. When they come into town on Labor Day the Reds will have just finished a weekend series against the Cardinals. Our match in St. Louis will be held on Saturday, July 9th.
In total there are 15 home games. Twelve games are on Saturdays. Two games are on Wednesdays. The other game is our Labor Day match against St. Louis. Season tickets in The Bailey are still available and are among the cheapest in the league at $120 for 15 matches. The Bailey is the supporters section on the north end of the field and is all general admission. We recommend everyone gets season tickets to The Bailey to ensure you can sit with Die Innenstadt in Section 135 every match day.
Finally, FCC and Louisville City have a contest to name the cup we will be competing for every year. This will likely be one of the best rivalries in USL since both teams have a great number of season ticket holders who are excited for the new season and a quality team to root for. Simply tag @fccincinnati and @loucityfc on Twitter with the hashtag #NameTheCup and submit your name for a chance to win 4 tickets to any match between the two sides this season. Because of Louisville and Cincinnati's history surrounding bourbon and beer, respectively, we suggested the cup rivalry be named the Beer and Bourbon Bout. Feel free to suggest your own in the next couple of days for your chance to win!
Special thank you to the people who have already become members of Die Innenstadt. We are excited for the new season. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for updates on the club and supporters group. If you have any questions, feel free to email us or tweet at us.